Tom Vanderputten Keith Loutzenhiser Mark Holcomb Lee Troyer Nick Christofeno
Jim Mauck Steve Mack John Hollister Wayne Andrews
- The meeting minutes for March 8, 2023 were approved.
- There were no active fishing reports.
- Steve Mack reported walking the Little Elkhart from the Well Field to Riverbend Park. There are many blockages and obstructions. This is an area for future work days. County Road 35 was very clear and looks good.
- Keith Loutzenhiser submitted a summary report for March, 2023. The total account balances are $27,505.97
- Keith reported that the Annual Activity report for TU National is due soon.
- A-A-T deposit of $ 640 was made on 2/27/2023.
- LECTU owes Don Fiwek (raffle prize donations) another $100.
- LECTU will review our account balances after the May outing. At that time LECTU will donate to the following: TU Headwaters Youth, Indiana Casting for Recovery, and Elkhart Conservation Club, Indiana Department of Natural Resources (Brown Trout)
- LECTU approved $350 to Middlebury Parks for the Annual Riverfest Event.
Web-Site (Reprinted from March Meeting)
- LECTU has struggled recently with updating issues for the LECTU Web-Site.
- Brandon the LECTU website manager attended the February meeting. Brandon deleted all previous website information, and reset the site in December. After discussion LECTU will not change the domain provider, and use an outside manager.
- Brandon will provide a tutorial for Mike Beachy and Mark Holcomb.
- Mike, Mark, and Brandon will provide future updates to the LECTU website.
Corson Riverwoods Park(Reprinted from March Meeting)
- Mike is working with Matt Horsley (Northern Indiana Biologist) to file a Citizens Petition to change the status of The Little Elkhart River at the park to Catch and Release.
Tim Flagler Visit
- SJVFF has announced an intermediate Fly Tying Class for Thursday Sept. 21, 2023. Mike has contacted Eric Graham to see if LECTU can participate in the sponsorship of the event provided we can offer it to our membership. LECTU will be asked to assist with food costs.
- Cost per student will be $75. More details will be available nearer to the event date.
- With the recent deposit the A-A-T is $4,320 for 2023.
- LECTU collected $350 in raffle ticket proceeds from the CITU Film Tour (included in deposit)
LECTU Annual Outing
- The outing date is set for Saturday May 6, 2023.
- Park Rental, Guest Flier, Guest Speaker, Raffle License, Van Rental, Casting Instructor, Food Service, Table & Chair Rental have all been handled.
- Mike sent out a TU e-mail to our membership regarding the Outing.
- The Certificate of Insurance has been sent.
- Anne Mille cannot attend due to a book signing.
- Although we have a casting instructor there will be no casting competition this year.
- The greeters table be attended Steve Mack’s daughter since Don and Leonard have aged out. The table will handle both lunch donations and raffle tickets.
- LECTU needs a new projector for the Outing and many future events. Mike has a large screen built. The attending members approved the purchase ($1,700) of a new projector.
- LECTU has books to sell. These will be sold at the same table as the fly boxes.
- The Silent Auction will contain 20-30 items (some items will have a minimum reserve price). This will require table space.
- The raffle will contain numerous small items (many will be bundled to save time).
- Keith has been able to procure a credit card reader for the event.
- The set-up for the outing will be from 6:00am to 7:00am. LECTU needs as many volunteers as possible to help.
- Tom V. will provide the morning coffee, and Keith L. will provide donuts for the early morning volunteers.
Summer Work Days
- The summer workday schedule will be finalized before the May Outing.
Library Key Pickup
- Wayne, Keith, and Mike have been listed by the Library being able to secure a building key for our monthly LECTU meetings. One of them will pick up the key prior to Wednesday of the meeting.
LECTU Meeting Place and Date
- Middlebury Library in downtown Middlebury IN.
Next Meeting – Wednesday – May 10, 2023
Tom Vanderputten – LECTU Secretary